Monday, June 9, 2014

Spicy Crab Dip

This is Chad's most requested dish. I'm pretty sure he asks me to make a double match about twice a month. This is best served with Red Hot Riplets... take my word for it... the perfect combination.


Ingredients:
8 ounces softened cream cheese
7.5 ounces chunk style crab meat (imitation is fine)
1/4 cup of light sour cream
3 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (I always start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more in small doses to get my desired spiciness)

Total hands on time: 5 minutes
Total time (including chilling): 1 hour and 5 minutes

1) Chop crab meat as small as you can. I like to run through my food processor for a few pulses and it chops quickly.

2) Beat cream cheese, sour cream, crab and milk together until thoroughly mixed. I use my stand mixer, but you can just as easily use a hand mixer or even stir by hand. If you do this step by hand make sure the cream cheese is very soft to begin with.

3) Add the spices and mix well. Remember to add the cayenne pepper in small doses until you get to your desired level of spiciness.

4) Chill for at least an hour before serving. Since the cream cheese is so soft at this time you will need to let it firm up a bit.

5) Serve with chips (Red Hot Riplets! or crackers) and enjoy!


I posted this recipe back in 2010, but wanted to share again since it had been so long. I hope you like it as much as we do!



No comments:

Post a Comment