Friday, May 23, 2014

High Five for Friday

Who’s ready for a three day weekend? This girl sure is!!!!! I have no major plans for this weekend. I’d like to knock out a few small things on my to do list, but the majority of the time I’m hoping to be outside with Trace. I’m also hoping to sneak in a nap at sometime. I love naps, but they are a rare thing for me! Here are the highlights from this past week.

We had Chad’s annual family fish fry. The weather was perfect and the food was even better. It’s nice to spend some time with friends and family we don’t get to see often!





For Christmas Trace got a butterfly habitat from my parents. You order the caterpillars from the company’s website, they’re shipped live and you basically grow a butterfly. Well this week we had 3 of the butterflies leave their cocoon. I’ll do a more detailed post about this later, but for now here is a picture of one of the butterflies. I haven’t had a chance to clear of my good camera’s memory card this week so I had to take a picture of the camera display with my iPhone.


I always try to make it a priority to have one on one time with Trace. Wednesday night Chad wasn’t home for bedtime so Trace and I had that routine to ourselves. We got some snuggles in before bed! I sure do love this little guy.


I joined a gym back in October and got really good about going after the New Year. I kind of fell off my routine for a couple weeks because I had lots of errands to run on my lunch hour. The only time I can make it to the gym is on lunch so if I have errands to run the workout just doesn’t happen. This week I had zero excuses and really made it a priority. I had 500 calorie workouts on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday I did a 600 calorie workout and it felt great. Note to self- Never forget a ponytail holder again. I hate working out with my hair in my face!!



Last weekend Trace and I were alone for Saturday morning. Chad was getting ready for the fish fry. I snapped this little gem of him. I think 2 and a half is such a fun age even though it can be trying at times!!!


Hope you all have a fun and safe Memorial Day! XO!




No comments:

Post a Comment