Is it just me or did it seem like Friday would never get here this week? I had a sick little boy last Thursday and had already planned a vacation day for last Friday so I missed last week’s High Five for Friday. I hope everyone had a great week! This is what was on our agenda….
1) Last Friday my mom, sister and I took Trace to the Magic House. It was fun! Trace was a little hesitant since he had never been there before. He did come out of his shell to play with little plastic pieces in a sandbox and to drive a car.
2) Last Friday after the Magic House, Trace and I headed home to meet Chad. We then headed out again to head to Chuck E. Cheese. Trace is in love with this place. In. Love. There is this jeep ride there that is his favorite. All it does is move side to side like it’s driving on very bumpy terrain. It doesn’t matter that it is the simplest ride ever… he’s obsessed. He also is a huge fan of the tickets that he “wins”. When he plays at home he always pretends that he is winning tickets. For example… when he plays with his little basket ball hoop and he gets a basket he will go to the hoop and act like he’s ripping off tickets all the while screaming “Tickets!!.” I know I’m pretty biased, but I think this may be the cutest thing ever.
3) Last Saturday Trace and I had a date with each other to go see Rio 2. I had taken him to the movies once before to see The Lego Movie. It was a bit ahead of his age and it didn’t hold his attention that great, but he talked about it for weeks afterward. Trace loves the first Rio so I thought the second one would be a good one to try the movies out again. We even got him a Rio t-shirt to wear that really got him excited! Well I should have paid attention at the movie times. The showing him and I went to was in 3D. That meant $19 for our tickets to the show. Just crazy! And I had already promised him soda, popcorn and candy. On our little morning date I spent over $40!!!! I had never been to a 3D movie before and didn’t realize that the glasses had to be worn the entire time or else the picture looks very blurry. Trace kept taking his glasses off and I would have to coax them back on him. All in all, we had a great time! I’m glad we went.
4) Last Sunday I participated in the Graffiti Run with some friends followed by lunch at Range afterward. The run was a lot of fun. It was a bit chilly to begin with and it started to sprinkle halfway through. At the very end of the race the thunder and lightning started and it really began to pour. I’m just glad it waited until the end for those shenanigans!
5) Trace and I colored eggs on Wednesday evening. He loved it! I was a bit nervous about all that dye on our white granite countertops so I laid a painters tarp over the counters. Trace did great! I bought a fancy kit, but we ended up just dying the eggs and leaving it at that. The kit did come with collapsible plastic cups for the dye which I thought was neat.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy Easter! XO!
Link up here to join in on the fun.