Monday, April 28, 2014

Chicken, Pesto and Mozzarella Panini {{ or Grilled Cheese }}



I needed a quick dinner that I could make just using leftovers. I put this sandwich together and I'm glad I did. It's my new go to quick fix!

What you need:
1 bun (I used ciabatta bread here)
2 tablespoons basil pesto
2 tablespoon whipped cream cheese (I used spinach artichoke cream cheese because I had it on hand)
3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella (I’ve also made with sliced fresh mozzarella and it’s good!)
3 tomato slices
1/8 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 teaspoon butter

Step 1) Preheat Panini press (or skillet it making grilled cheese). Spread butter on sides of bread that you want toasted.

Step 2) Place bottom of bun on Panini press (or skillet). Spread cream cheese on bottom bun. Cover cream cheese with chicken and top with the shredded mozzarella. Spread the basil pesto on the non toasted side of the top bun before placing on top.

***Note: If making a grilled cheese you may want to make open faced because this sandwich may be too large to flip. To make open faced you will place bottom bun on skillet, spread cream cheese and top with chicken. Place the top bun toasted side down separately on the skillet and top with the basil and shredded mozzarella. After heated and toasted then add tomato slices and combine both sides of sandwich before serving.

Step 3) Cook your Panini. My press took about 7 minutes. Remove from press and gently pull slices apart to add your tomato slices.

Step 4) Enjoy!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment