Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Our Wedding Story {{ Hair & Make-Up }}


I wasn't blogging around the time Chad and I got hitched. I really wanted to share all of our wedding details so I'm going to do a series of wedding posts. 

I have been seeing the same hair stylist for years now. My mom had previously been going to her and I wasn't happy with my current stylist so my mom suggested I see her girl. Meet Gessica. I loved her immediately and she has since become someone I consider to be a good friend. I look forward to seeing her every 5 weeks and my appointments always go very quickly. 

Gessica works at The Hair Studios at Park Plaza in Studio 8. It is such a neat place. Instead of one large salon area, there are quite a few smaller rooms. Each room typically has one or two stylists in it. I love the intimate feel of the set up.




The day started out as a bit stressful for me. I was trying not to be nervous, but still felt a bit overwhelmed. 

Then this happened...


See me in the background? Drinking straight out of the champage bottle? Now this isn't much of a secret, but I haven't met a bottle of champagne that didn't become my friend.

My friend champagne and I on my 21st birthday.

And my friend champagne and I on the morning of our wedding.

Anyway, I started to loosen up. Just in time for S to become a crab.







Man those pictures crack me up. She was acted like she was miserable!
Then she snapped out of it as soon as she saw how pretty her hair looked.





Here are some other pictures from the day that I really like....





My sister.


My mom.










Before....

After...





Gessica and I never did trial wedding hair. I'm pretty easy going with my hair and I knew I would love whatever she did. And I was right. Gessica did the perfect job and I couldn't have loved my wedding hair any more than I did. 

This was such a fun morning for me and I really was happy with our decision to not have a wedding party. It was the perfect morning just with my mom, sister, niece and Gessica.

Also I wanted to share that I had THE BEST wedding photographers. Meet Kim with Kim Smith Photography and Jackie with Autumn Photography. I cannot say enough good things about these two. They were very professional, but also fun at the same time. They arrived at our hair appointments in the morning and stayed with us until near the end of the reception. All of the pictures on this post were work of these two ladies. Kim has also taken pictures of S and T and I couldn't have been happier with those either. I highly recommend!!!!!! 


Next up..... getting ready and the dress!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm laughing out loud looking at S's pictures and you with the champagne!

    ReplyDelete