Well now it looks like this!!!
I'm pretty much in love with it. It seemed like it took forever to finish. And there were quite a few set backs. We don't have a covered spot at our apartment to work on projects like this. So I had to wake up pretty early to work on it for awhile and give it enough time to dry before moving it inside while I went to work. Not to mention I live in the Mid West and its super humid out the majority of summer. On really hot and humid days I couldn't do any work at all. First I sanded it down to get rid of any imperfections in the wood and to get the glossy finish off. Then I painted the majority of it (while wearing a fumes mask so the baby didn't get harmed). For some reason the paint wasn't drying after a few days so I had Chad take a look at it. Turns out I didn't sand it good enough. He said it needed to be primed before I could paint. And primer is too toxic for me to breathe in even with the fumes mask so I had to wait for Chad to do it. That took a few days! Not to mention time for it to dry and then he had to put a 2nd and 3rd coat on it. Then it was too humid to do any work for a few days. I finally got to start painting again. So the thing was finally painted and I started to go over it in acrylic gloss. Then I started noticing spots that weren't quite perfect! I couldn't live with that. So out came the paint again! I finally finished it yesterday after the rain stopped. And I'm so happy I did! I really love how it turned out!
My new cupcake liner storage. I got the over sized Mason jar at a Salvation Army for $.50 or so. It didn't have a lid. So this is what I did with it.
And me at 29 weeks!
Back in this post I painted this basket aqua. I thought it was too much of that color after I painted the high chair the same shade. So I decided I would be happier if the basket was yellow!