Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Used to Make Margaritas... Now I Make Onesies.

I accidentally bought a stained onesie from a garage sale. If you look close you can see the stains on the upper left corner of it. I tried everything to get that sucker out! My favorite method of stain removal is to lay in the sun and let the sun bleach it out. This stubborn stain even held on after the sun trick. Sooooo I decided to dye it black along with another stained onesie that I bought on accident.


After I dyed it black I cut letters out of freezer paper and ironed onto the onesie. The plan was to put bleach in a spray bottle and spray it on the onesie to make a cool design, but to leave the wording black. Well this didn't work for me. I think I sprayed waaaaay too much on the letters so they were completely drenched with bleach. After I was done you could see the wording, but barely.

Since plan A didn't work I decided to try plan B. I hand painted the wording in black. I used a paint pen for the first time. Not a fan. I'd much rather work with actual fabric paint. The baby isn't even born yet, but he still knows which team is the best!

I had two friends who had baby girls so I made them a special little gift.
For sweet baby "J."




And for sweet baby "b."

And another onesie for my boy. I love this one! This was originally white with multi-colored stripes, but I dyed it black also. I cut the stencil out of freezer paper using my Cricut and ironed onto the fabric. This time I used fabric paint and am much happier with the results.

What do you guys think?
XO! - Jess

2 comments:

  1. catching up w/ posts, so lots of comments! :) love the onesies! team edward! even tho i'm team jacob (but not for bella, just i like jacob better. LOL)!

    ReplyDelete