Remember this silverware separator? This is the only before picture I took of it.
I originally wanted to paint it a sunny yellow, but Chad suggested doing a dark color in case it got dinged up from silverware hitting it. First I had to sand down some of the rough edges. Then Chad had to prime it for me. I have a fumes mask that I wear while crafting, but even that wasn't a match for the toxic primer.
Here is the before shot of our cluttered silverware drawer.
And after! Still cluttered, but at least its a lot more organized! I just used navy acrylic paint that I had on hand. After the paint dried I covered it with an acrylic gloss finish that is safe for things that will be in contact with food.
Next step is to find something to organize all of my beloved wine bottle toppers.