Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crock Pot Garlic Clove Chicken

What you need:
3-4 lbs any kind of chicken (I used breasts)
1 large onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon pepper
30-40 garlic cloves, peeled

Place onions in bottom of slow cooker. Toss chicken with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper and all of garlic cloves. Pour into slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6.
S sure liked it!

I know the 30-40 garlic cloves seems like WAY too many, but its not... I swear! I used all forty of them. The garlic ends up roasting so it has a somewhat sweeter flavor to it and is perfect on toasty bread. Peeling the garlic took quite some time. A friend read my facebook status about peeling all that garlic and recommended a garlic peeler to me. I had never heard of that! Ordered it that evening on eBay for $.99 and that included the shipping. That thing works amazing!


XO!!!!




2 comments:

  1. i LUUUV using a crockpot. that's pretty much the only way i'll attempt making something edible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well stay tuned because all that I've been cooking lately is crock pot stuff!

    ReplyDelete