Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Forever in Our Hearts

Chad's brother Craig passed away Sunday evening as the result of a horrible accident. There are no words to describe how greatly he will be missed. Craig was always such a joy to be around. Always had a smart ass, funny comment that was guaranteed to make you giggle. Always playing tricks on the people he loved. I only had the pleasure of knowing Craig for a couple years, but I do know that 50+ years of knowing him would never have been long enough. I have so many great memories of Craig, but I'm only going to share my top three.
1) The look on his face and the sound of his laugh while I was opening my birthday gift a couple months ago. He bought me a bottle of Bean-O, some Astroglide, and a 3 pack EPT pregnancy test. He was just cracking himself up over his funny idea!!!!!!!
2) About a year ago some of Chad's family and I were hanging out around a fire in the backyard. I stood up to reach for something and started to sit right back down. I didn't realize that Craig had pulled my chair out from under me and I sat down pretty hard on the ground. Craig kept teasing me because he said I held the sitting position during my whole fall. That story can always make me smile.
3) Craig knew how much I liked to cook and always asked me advice on what brands to buy. He was trying so hard to make a nice home for him and his amazing daughter (who we will call R) and was constantly buying new household items to get ready for the day when they would move into their own house. It made me feel special that he thought highly enough of me to ask for my advice on things like that.


There is going to forever be a great void where Craig was supposed to be. He will be forever in our hearts. We love you Craig and miss you more than you ever could have imagined.
Always and forever, Jess Dry Heave (as you apparently called me to yourself)

4 comments:

  1. *HUGS* oh my goodness, i am so sorry for you & for chad & craig's family. what a lovely tribute post. losing ppl sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jess...I have tears in my eyes right now. I didn't know him that well, but this tribute to him makes me wish I did. Love you guys and know that Jimmy and I have been thinking about you and praying for you through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh... this is such a great entry, but soooo sad at the same time. i love the memories you decided to share- it seems like he was really a great person. i'm sorry for your loss.

    my condolences. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jess, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking about you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete