Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Amaze Balls, Cake Balls

What you need:
1 box cake mix and whatever ingredients needed to bake according to box directions
1 tube cream cheese icing
Melting chocolate
Sprinkles
Step 1) Follow cake box directions and pour into a greased 13x9 cake pan.
Step 2) When cake is finished baking and completely cooled, crumble into very fine crumbs. I just used my hands to do all the crumbling.
Step 3) Mix the cream cheese icing into the cake crumbs. Form into a ball. I used my hands again. Made it pretty easy! Once formed into a ball, chill in the refrigerator for several hours. I left mine in there several days til I was ready to finish making the balls.
Step 4) Roll into quarter sized balls with your hands. Freeze til ready to use.
Step 5) Dip balls into melted chocolate (I used white chocolate). It helps if the balls are frozen because they stay formed easier. Sprinkle with sprinkles immediately. Only melt a little chocolate at a time because it gets hard fast. To get the balls hardened after dipping, I placed in the freezer til I was ready to eat them. It takes some practice to get a decent looking finished product.

These taste like a dream come true. Kind of a pain in the ass to make, but worth it!
XO!!!

2 comments:

  1. this is a great idea for parties or anything needing finger foods. where did you find this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bakerella.com They are seriously the best dessert I have ever had. I used strawberry because they were for a pink themed party, but next time I'm going to try red velvet ones!

    ReplyDelete