Friday, August 27, 2010

S's Birthday Bash!

This past weekend, my family and I celebrated S's birthday party! Due to the birthday girl's favorite color, we threw a pink themed bash. It was a pretty hot/humid day, but all in all a very fun party!

The birthday banner I made for her.
Scene of the fiesta.
I etched her name in glasses, then dyed the water pink and floated flowers in them as a centerpiece.
My favorite cake yet! I used strawberry cake mix. Made two 9 inch cakes. To get the even look I used a serrated knife to cut off cake that baked uneven. Iced in pink icing and did dark pink piping around the sides. The castle towers are upside down waffle cones. The cones are iced in pink icing and rolled in pink and purple sprinkles. I was going to write happy birthday on the cake, but I felt it took away from the castle look.
We also served cake balls (recipe to come at a later date) and carrot cake (it was also my Grandpa's bday and carrot cake is his fav! Happy birthday Grandpa!!!!).
Our birthday girl!
S and her daddy.
The gift Chad and I got her!
She loved it! Isn't a huge fan of pedaling yet, but really enjoys to be pushed on her new bike. She also likes standing to the side and watching someone push an empty bike around. Kids!
What a great day!!!
XO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment