Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches

What you need:
Frozen presliced philly meat
2 sliced bell peppers (I like to use orange and yellow)
1 sliced yellow onion (I like to use vidalia when in season)
Sliced cheese (I used Swiss)
Butter
Whatever spices you like (I used Cajun seasoning this time)
Mayo
Sliced bread or rolls to serve (I used a chili pepper ciabatta roll I got from work)

Step 1) Saute the onion in butter til caramelized.
Step 2) When onion starts to become translucent and is beginning to have that sticky look of a caramelized onion add the bell peppers to cook til tender.
Step 3) Toast the bread in a toaster or of too large to fit in a toaster use a cookie sheet in the oven set to 400. Cook til toasty. I brushed mine with melted butter before toasting.
Step 4) Cook the meat in a dry, hot skillet. I cut the sheets of meat into small pieces. When cooked all the way through drain the grease before serving.
Step 5) Build your sandwiches and enjoy!
XO!!!


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy

    did you know in Philadelphia where the Philly Cheese Steak was invented they use CHEEZE WIZ can you believe it? We had it at several different places.

    ReplyDelete