Saturday, August 7, 2010

Best. Pizza. Ever.

Seriously. Best ever.




Whenever I used to go to the California Pizza Kitchen I always got the exact same pizza. I started to crave it ALL THE TIME so I just figured out how to make my own version. I like it even more than CPK's version!!!

Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza
What you need:
3 whole heads of garlic
pizza crust (I use premade, but homemade is fine too)
8 chicken strips
4 strips of crumbled bacon
mozzarella cheese
olive oil
yellow onion (caramelized)
cayenne pepper
garlic powder
paprika
butter to cook chicken

Step 1) Roast the garlic by cutting off the pointy end of the garlic and wrapping in foil. Roast in the oven set to 400 for an hour. Let cool.
Before roasting.
After.
Step 2) Cook chicken in butter, garlic powder, paprika, and a little bit of cayenne. Cool then shred.

Step 3) Brush the pizza crust with olive oil. Cover generously with mozzarella. Top with shredded chicken, caramelized onion, crumbled bacon. Then top with the roasted garlic. Squeeze the garlic out of the bulb directly over the pizza to make super easy.
Step 4) Bake at 375 til cheese is melted and crust is browned. My oven takes about 12-15 minutes.
Warning: Will have major garlic breath after consuming.
XO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment