Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Opportunities

I attended a 2 year old's birthday party yesterday and I was in charge of making some cookies and cupcakes for it. While baking the treats I got an idea that I may really enjoy doing this for a living eventually. At the party everyone kept saying how much they enjoyed the treats I brought and how I should charge people to make them. Well later on that evening we had a 30th birthday party to attend and a my friend Cindy started telling some people about how much she likes the goodies I make. Then I got offered to bake for two separate birthday parties for a little extra cash!!!! I couldn't be more excited!!!! This could be the start of a great opportunity for me! And the really crazy thing is that this is something I truly enjoy. It would be a job that I actually look forward to doing which is something I've never experienced before. I looked through all my pictures, but could only find copies of a few different things I've made. From now on I am taking pictures of everything that comes out of my kitchen!!!!! Here are a few pictures of my work that I've found.....

Cupcakes for the owl themed birthday party yesterday.

I love how these turned out!
S shaped sandwich cookies for the little girl's party yesterday. First time I have made this kind of thing and I will do a few things different next time. I think they look kind of sloppy the way they turned out.
Corn on the cob cupcakes!

I am very proud of this cake!

I also painted the cake stand too!
This was my first time using homemade fondant icing.
Cheeseburger cupcakes! Blurry cell phone picture.
This isn't a sweet, but I thought they turned out pretty cute!

I am very, very excited for this possible opportunity! My mom suggested that I shouldn't limit myself to just making desserts. That I should think about offering romantic dinners for two. Another idea I have is offering picnic lunches. My mind is going a million miles a minute thinking of all the possibilities. Any suggestions blog friends???  
    XO!!!


4 comments:

  1. You are on to something
    Remember Paula Dean started with sack lunches.
    Look how lucky Grandpa was doing what he loved all his life and raiSing a family.
    You can do it.
    Ask aunt Amy for some PR ADVISE, SHE IS THE EXPERT IN THAT AREA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't overwhelm yourself. You CAN do this, everything looks amazing and if ppl who have tasted your wares say they TASTE amazing, you're in! : ) Those owl cupcakes are just another adorable thing you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Jess! I'm excited for you and know you can do this! You should make a completely separate blog dedicated to this. Then have cute business cards made with the blog website on it for people to browse. You can eventually gather a price list, etc so all the information is readily available to everyone. Then people can forward that web address onto others. I LOVE IT! You should totally have a signature piece too... think about it! Good luck!!! And love you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!!! Great idea Rach! I am going to be making lots of samples so I can have more of a variety of pictures! Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete