Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fajitas, Fajitas!



I have been craving fajitas lately, so I finally caved and made them for dinner last night. They are so super easy to make and always taste good.

Steak Fajitas
What you need:
1 pound of steak (I used round steak) Any thin cut will do.
2 Bell peppers (I like red and orange ones)
Large yellow onion
Small tortilla rounds
Butter
Cayenne pepper
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Cajun seasoning
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Anything else you like for toppings

Step 1: Tenderize the steak if neccesary. Trim the fat and then rub with a generous amount of cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika. Add a tiny amount of cayenne pepper.
Step 2: Slice the bell peppers and the onions thinly. Place in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter over medium to med-high heat and saute til the onions are translucent. I sprinkle with a garlic powder, paprika, and cajun seasoning. The veggies take awhile to cook. Don't start the meat until the onions are almost translucent.
Step 3: Head a second large skillet over med-high heat. Once the skillet is hot. Add the meat and cook for not even a minute on each side. I prefer my steak medium rare so cook longer if you like yours done more. Remove from pan and place on a cutting board to cut the meat into slices.

Step 4: Heat tortillas in the microwave. Twenty seconds for 4 tortillas. Load the tortillas with all the yummy condiments and enjoy!
XO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I made tortillas today, too! I used ham, but they were still yummy. : )

    ReplyDelete