Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crab Dip 101

We're back from the wedding of the year!!!! Good time was had by all. The Mr. and Mrs. are still at the lake on their honeymoon and I'm sure they are having a wonderful time. I have about 400 pictures to go through before the wedding blog post is up, so today is recipe day! Whenever Chad and I do anything with a group of people I always bring crab dip to share. Its a very easy dip to make and its usually the first one gone. Give it a try!

Crab Dip
What you need:
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup sour cream
7.5 oz lump crab meat (imitation is fine too)
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper

Step 1. Cut the crab meat into very small pieces. I use my Slap Chop to make it easier. Set aside.


Step 2: Beat the cream cheese and sour cream together. Add the milk and the spices. Beat until all ingredients are combined. Have a taste test. At this point I usually add more garlic powder and cayenne.


Step 3: Stir in the crab meat. Refridgerate or eat immediately.


Serve with crackers or chips. I prefer to use Old Vienna's Red Hot Riplets spicy bbq chips. I think they are only sold in the St. Louis are though.


Give this dip a try and let me know what you think!
XO!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love crab! This would be fantastic. this is going in my recipes folder!!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can testify that it is YUMMY! Especially with the Red Hot Riplets!!! :)

    ReplyDelete