Monday, June 21, 2010

I Scream, You Scream

I have been promising Chad's grandma that I would make her a batch of homemade ice cream for months. Yesterday I finally kept that promise. She loves to eat cake and ice cream before bed every night so I decided cake batter ice cream would be perfect for her!

Cake Batter Ice Cream
You need:
3/4 cup of classic yellow cake mix
1 teas vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Oh and an ice cream maker :-)
 Whisk together the granulated sugar with the milk. My recipe says to use whole milk. I use 2% and it works just fine. Whisk in the vanilla and the heavy cream. Then whisk in the cake mix. Add to the freezer bowl of the ice cream maker and let freeze for 25-30 mins. Transfer to tupperware and put in the freezer to continue to harden. Then enjoy!


This ice cream is the best I have ever had. If you have an ice cream maker give it a try... you will love it!
XO!

2 comments: