Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fish Don't Fry in the Kitchen



Yesterday was Chad's family's 2nd annual fish fry. Chad's dad Allen is the host and the fryer of the fish. We had a feast of fried fish (bass and crappie), fried potatoes, fried cauliflower, onion rings, macaroni, pasta salad, corn on the cob, pasta salad, potato salad, buffalo chicken dip, taco dip, a parfait, and cupcakes (made by yours truly). I'm still stuffed! Allen started frying around 1:00 and kept on going all day. Fried the last batch of fish around 9!! We got stalled by a quick thunderstorm, but it only lasted about 15 mins. Before the storm the temp was between 95 and 100. The storm helped cool things down which was a blessing. We're shooting for another fish fry late September or early October and I am already excited for round two. Here are my pictures from the day....

Chad's niece Riley.
My niece Sophie being silly.
Nick and Chad.
Sophie blowing bubbles.
Chad with his dad and brothers and sister.
Girl picture.
Chad's niece Charlee.
Chad and Riley.
Me and Chad.
And my cupcakes!!! I love how they turned out!

The fish fry was a wonderful way to celebrate Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to my soon to be stepdad, Greg! My mom and Greg were at the lake getting ready for their wedding next Saturday. Greg is going to officially be my dad, even though I have considered him a dad for the past thirteen years. We are all so excited for the wedding!!!
XO!

3 comments:

  1. hi! my name is carrie & i hopped over here from micaela's blog. those cupcakes are so cute! what'd you use on top for corn? or ... are they corn muffins? ; ) (sorry, that was corny!)(sorry again!)

    anyway, i like your blog and if this comment hasn't scared you off, come check out my menu sometime! carriesmenu.blogspot.com

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy and I both LOVED the fried fish...his dad did an awesome job! The heat and humidity sucked for sure, but it was fun hanging w/ you guys and watching the little ones play on the slip 'n slide! :) <3 ya!!

    ReplyDelete