Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Friday!

Hey guys!!! I am so excited its Friday. Tonight I'm going to dinner w/ Chad and some friends. Heading to bed early cause tomorrow I'm leaving at 6 a.m. to drive to the Lake of the Ozarks to spend the weekend on my parents new boat.... I am soooo excited! I'm only going to be there tomorrow and leaving Sunday, but a vacay is a vacay. Since I don't have a working camera at the moment, my mom is going to let me use hers. Finally I will have new pictures to post!!!!! Until then I leave you with this .........


Fill in the blanks....
1. My favorite book growing up was any of the Laura Ingles Wilder books... except that "Farmer Boy" one. Loved the rest!!!



2. The funniest book I've ever read was probably Chelsea Handler's "My Horizontal Life" and "Are You There, God? It's Me Chelsea." and all of Jen Lancaster's books. "Bitter is the New Black," "Bright Lights, Big Ass," "Such a Pretty Fat," and "Pretty in Plaid." I know the question asks for the funniest book, not books, but there is seriously no way I can pick just one. If you haven't read them you need to GET ON IT!


3. The one book that has truly changed my life is Laura Ingles Wilder's series because I believe that my love of books and reading in general came from having those read to me by my mom as a kid. Again I know it asks for one book, but there is too many to chose from!!! Seriously read all of the Little House books... except that dumb "Farmer Boy."


4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read "The Thornbirds" by Colleen McCullough. Love love love this one. My mom bought this book for me before a long weekend in the country. Its a long one, but I was hooked and finished the book in two days. Read it!


5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Jen Lancaster! And I get to meet her May 13th at her book signing. I couldn't be more excited!



6. The next book on my "to read" list is "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs. I'm currently reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by her and so far its great. Also am excited to read Jen Lancaster's "My Fair Lazy." (Can you tell I love love love her?)



7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me all of the Twilight books. There are four in the series, but I would definately break the rules and bring them. They are seriously addicting. I had zero desire to read any of them or see any of the movies until Dawn's birthday premiere party. I went into the opening night "New Moon" with an awful attitude about being there annnddddd then I became OBSESSED. I am in love w/ Edward Cullen. LOVE! LOVE!

Hope you enjoyed my list!

I also want to wish my mom a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. She is such an amazing mom. My best friend, my rock, and my mom all in one. I couldn't be any luckier!!!! I can't wait to spend the weekend w/ her at the lake! Hope everybody has a great weekend!!! XO!

7 comments:

  1. is it true I've found a fellow thorn birds lover? Crazy!! My mom used to make me watch it when i was little; I've been hooked ever since.

    http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen the movie, but have read the book tons of times. Is the movie good???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOVE "The Friday Night Knitting Club"! It's one of the main reasons I wanted to learn to knit. The second book is fabulous as well. :) You should also read "Knitting Under the Influence" (different author). You can borrow my copy if you want. And I love that you finally got addicted to the Twilight series! I remember you being all, "I have no desire to read that series about vampires"...and I tried to tell you how awesome it was! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always felt so unsophisticated bc I'm not into books. My tops picks would have included Tiger Beat and Teen Bop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nicole, but I will probably just buy it cause I like to reread old books. And I used to be OBSESSED with Tiger Beat. Man I loved me some JTT and Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo Jessica! I love that you are a book worm, I am going to vicariously live through you, because I have so many books I want to read its ridiculous. <3 thanks for the follow new to your blog. ps. You and your man are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go through books like crazy so feel free to live through me! I got 8 new ones to read! And thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete