Friday, May 14, 2010

Dumpster Diving



Yesterday morning I happened to look outside when I woke up. I was so excited to see that someone had placed a bike next to the dumpster!!!!! I have been wanting to get a bike forever, but am poor and can't justify dropping $100 on a new bike right now. I had been checking Craigslist, but a free bike right outside my door was even better than that. I hurried up and threw on some clothes and went to collect my new bike. While taking it for a joy ride around my apartment parking lot I started cracking up thinking how funny it would be if I got locked out. I soon got bored with my joyride and went to head back inside. Well turns out I really did lock myself out and it SOOOO WASN'T FUNNY. No phone or anything on me but my new bike. My mom was coming by, but she wasn't going to be over for over an hour. I had images of me driving the 1 mile to her house, but it just seemed like too much of an effort. I was tired from my joy ride!! I tried to get the neighbors to answer their doors to help, but they ignored me. Soooooo I did what every sane adult would do.... I pulled the neighbors ADT security sign out of their landscaping and used it to break into my own apartment.
After I got inside I sent Chad a text that went something like this... OMG!!! I JUST GOT LOCKED OUT! He asked how and I just gave him the basics. Found bike. Got excited. Went for joy ride. Locked out. Broke in with sign. To which he replied WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?  Haha so much Chad, so much.
XO!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I seriously don't think I will ever NOT find this story hilarious! I was just cracking up at my desk while I was reading this, even though I've heard the story before. So funny! And I love Chad's comment...reminds me of what my own dear guy has said to me! ("There is something wrong with you." lol)

    ReplyDelete